Financial freedom is a goal that many people strive towards. In order to achieve it, you need to plan and take action. If you want to reach your financial goals in 2023, here are five actions you should take.
First, it is important to build an emergency fund. You should save up to three to six months of living expenses in case of a job loss, medical emergency or other unexpected event. Even if you can only save one month of rent plus your insurance deductible, this is a great start. Set up automatic transfers from your main bank account to a savings account each time you get paid.
Second, consider opening a retirement account. You have until April 18th of 2022 to make IRA or Roth IRA contributions. Even if you have access to a 401(k) plan, these are valuable tools for retirement savings. Retirement accounts offer tax advantages that other accounts don’t, like tax-deferred contributions and tax-free withdrawals in retirement.
Third, look for ways to save money. Research the best cash back credit cards for 2023 and look for balance transfer credit cards to help you pay down debt.
Fourth, create a budget. This will help you track your expenses and identify areas where you can cut back.
Finally, recognize small wins. Celebrate each financial milestone along the way, no matter how small.
By taking these five actions, you can be well on your way to achieving financial freedom in 2023.
0. “5 Ways to Meet Your Financial Goals in 2023” Benzinga, 31 Jan. 2023, https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/23/01/30649157/5-ways-to-meet-your-financial-goals-in-2023
1. “5 smart money moves to make in 2023 | Improve your finances” Value Research Online, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.valueresearchonline.com/stories/52090/five-smart-money-moves-to-make-in-2023/
2. “Here's How Much Money You Should Have in Your Emergency Fund in 2023” Lifehacker, 3 Feb. 2023, https://lifehacker.com/heres-how-much-money-you-should-have-in-your-emergency-1850070761
3. “Here's your early 2023 checklist – Inside INdiana Business” Inside INdiana Business, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.insideindianabusiness.com/articles/heres-your-early-2023-checklist
4. “The 3 Best Places to Put Your Savings in 2023” Nasdaq, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/the-3-best-places-to-put-your-savings-in-2023
5. “8 Money Moves To Make Now for Financial Success all 2023” AOL, 31 Jan. 2023, https://www.aol.com/finance/8-money-moves-now-financial-170011039.html