Earnings Roundup: Pfizer, McDonald’s, ExxonMobil, Caterpillar, GM, Sanmina and NXP Report
This week, investors will be closely monitoring the latest earnings reports from some of the biggest companies in the world, including Pfizer Inc (NYSE:PFE), McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD), Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE:XOM), Caterpillar (CAT), General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), Sanmina Corporation (NASDAQ:SANM) and NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI).
Pfizer (PFE Quick QuotePFE – Free Report) reported earnings of $1.14 per share that beat consensus by +10.68%, and sales of $24.29 billion in the quarter that eked out a top-line beat of +0.36%. Despite this, the stock is still heading downwards in the pre-market today, with shares falling by 15% since the beginning of the year. McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is expected to have earned $2.46 per share on revenue of $5.69 billion for the latest quarter. This morning, ExxonMobil (XOM Quick QuoteXOM – Free Report) reported record-high net gains of $56 billion in the quarter, surpassing Q4 estimates. The earnings of $3.40 per share exceeded the Zacks consensus estimate by 8 cents. Revenue totaled $95.43 billion, a decrease of -5.57%.
Caterpillar (CAT Quick QuoteCAT – Free Report) reported lower-than-anticipated earnings of $3.86 per share, which did not meet the Zacks consensus estimate of $3.95, reportedly due to unfavorable foreign exchange conditions. This marked the first time since Q1 2020 that the company had an earnings miss. Revenues of $16.6 billion surpassed the $12.89 billion forecasted, significantly surpassing the $13.8 billion reported during the same quarter of the previous year. The news has caused shares to remain at the same level; however, the stocks have risen by 9 Analysts on Wall Street anticipate that General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) will report a quarterly earnings of $1.69 per share on total revenue of $40.65 billion before the start of trading.  Shares jumped 7.1% to $59.50 in the after-hours trading session. NXP Semiconductors
0. “General Motors, McDonald's And 3 Stocks To Watch Heading Into Tuesday By Benzinga” Investing.com UK, 31 Jan. 2023, https://uk.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/general-motors-mcdonalds-and-3-stocks-to-watch-heading-into-tuesday-2898438
1. “Exxon Mobil, Pfizer, McDonald's earnings: 3 things to watch By Investing.com” Investing.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/exxon-mobil-pfizer-mcdonalds-earnings-3-things-to-watch-2991536
2. “Best January in 4 Years Heads for Its Close; XOM, CAT, GM & More Report” Zacks Investment Research, 31 Jan. 2023, https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/2047090/best-january-in-4-years-heads-for-its-close-xom-cat-gm-more-report
3. “6 stocks to watch on Tuesday: General Motors, Pfizer, Whirlpool and more (NYSE:GM)” Seeking Alpha, 31 Jan. 2023, https://seekingalpha.com/news/3929819-6-stocks-to-watch-on-tuesday-general-motors-pfizer-whirlpool-and-more
4. “General Motors, McDonald's And 3 Stocks To Watch Heading Into Tuesday – General Motors (NYSE:GM), McDonal” Benzinga, 31 Jan. 2023, https://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/23/01/30636013/general-motors-mcdonalds-and-3-stocks-to-watch-heading-into-tuesday
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.