Today, the global markets are mixed, with European shares rising and the Asia-Pacific region and the Americas mixed. The eurozone’s STOXX 600 gained 0.1%, London’s FTSE 100 rose 0.2%, Spain’s IBEX 35 Index rose 0.5%, the German DAX climbed 0.1%, French CAC 40 surged 0.1%, and Italy’s FTSE MIB Index rose 0.2%. The Nasdaq, S&P 500, and S&P 500 futures are down -1.1%, +0.2%, and +0.2%, respectively.
In the currency markets, the USD/AUD, AUD/USD, USD/INR, USD/JPY, USD/GBP, USD/CHF, USD/EUR, USD/CAD, GBP/USD pairs are some of the most popular pairs traders are trading. In addition, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are also popular.
In the commodities markets, Crude Oil (Brent), Oil – US Crude, Crude Oil (WTI), and Toronto TSX are trading at -0.7%, +0.1%, +0.1%, and -0.7%, respectively. The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Dow Jones futures are down today.
In terms of stocks, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) and Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: DE) are bullish today. The market sentiment is also bullish, with a focus on U.S. CPI.
Investors should be aware of the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, including the potential for losses to exceed deposits. It is recommended that investors educate themselves on the risks associated with trading and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor. Engaging in leveraged trading of foreign currency or other off-exchange products using margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors.
0. “Dow Falls 150 Points; US Consumer Prices Rise 0.5% In January – Endava (NYSE:DAVA), Denny's (NASDAQ:DENN)” Benzinga, 14 Feb. 2023, https://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/23/02/30900435/dow-falls-150-points-us-consumer-prices-rise-0-5-in-january
1. “Dow Jumps Over 300 Points, Dollar Surges in Midday Trading” Marketscreener.com, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/FIDELITY-NATIONAL-INFORMA-12027/news/Dow-Jumps-Over-300-Points-Dollar-Surges-in-Midday-Trading-42974955
2. “US equity close: Mixed bag as tech lags. Second weekly decline of the year” ForexLive, 10 Feb. 2023, https://www.forexlive.com/news/us-equity-close-mixed-bag-as-tech-lags-second-weekly-decline-of-the-year-20230210/
3. “Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Use Q1 rally to cut stocks exposure By Investing.com” Investing.com, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/dow-jones-nasdaq-sp-500-weekly-preview-use-q1-rally-to-cut-stocks-exposure-432SI-3001760
4. “Markets Week Ahead: Dow Jones, Nasdaq 100, US Dollar, AUD/USD, US CPI” DailyFX, 12 Feb. 2023, https://www.dailyfx.com/news/markets-week-ahead-dow-jones-nasdaq-100-us-dollar-aud-usd-us-cpi-20230212.html