Purdue University Named One of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company
Purdue University has been named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company magazine, coming in at No. 16 overall and No. 1 in education. It is the only university among the Top 50 Most Innovative Companies, which was determined by 540 organizations across 54 categories and regions around the world. OpenAI (No. 1) and NASA (No. 17) were also recognized, as well as The Walt Disney Company (No. 25).
The third edition of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies Summit will take place on April 19th and 20th. The virtual summit is a tribute to the Most Innovative Companies in business, giving attendees an exclusive peek into the latest business trends and the essential elements of innovating for 2023. The issue is available online, in-app form via iTunes, and on newsstands beginning March 14 with the hashtag #FCMostInnovative.
The Purdue University Semiconductor Degrees Program was launched in 2022 in response to the rising demand for semiconductor engineers. Executive leadership from key players in the chip industry, including Intel and Micron, have joined forces to form an advisory board totaling more than 20 members, guiding the program curriculum. It is the first interdisciplinary Semiconductor Degrees Program in the country, and its graduates are expected to be at the forefront of innovation as the industry works to revitalize American manufacturing.
Purdue has also announced plans to build the Midwest’s first semiconductor chip design center in partnership with MediaTek Inc., as well as a $1.8 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility with SkyWater Technology. The university is committed to affordability and accessibility, having frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, and has been ranked in each of the last five years as one of the 10 Most Innovative universities in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.
Mark Lundstrom, senior advisor to Purdue President Mung Chiang and the university's semiconductor officer, said, “Chips are the most sophisticated technology that human beings produce, and it takes a highly educated workforce to manufacture them. Purdue is responding with innovation and initiative to prepare the industry’s next generation.”
This recognition of Purdue University is a testament to its commitment to creating, disseminating, and deploying knowledge in areas making the most significant difference in society. It is paving the way for the innovations of tomorrow, setting the standard with some of the greatest accomplishments of the modern world.
0. “Purdue University named No. 16 among World's Most Innovative Companies, No. 1 in education” Purdue University, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2023/Q1/purdue-university-named-no.-16-among-worlds-most-innovative-companies,-no.-1-in-education.html
1. “L-Acoustics Named To Fast Company's List Of Most Innovative Companies 2023” Live Design, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.livedesignonline.com/news/l-acoustics-named-fast-companys-annual-list-worlds-most-innovative-companies-2023
2. “Bigtincan Named to World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023” Martechcube, 3 Mar. 2023, https://www.martechcube.com/bigtincan-named-to-worlds-most-innovative-companies-for-2023/
3. “Everstream Analytics Named to Fast Company World's Most Innovative Companies List for 2023” ACROFAN USA, 2 Mar. 2023, https://us.acrofan.com/detail.php?number=796099
4. “Magazine: Purdue ranks first in innovation in education category” Journal & Courier, 2 Mar. 2023, https://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/2023/03/02/magazine-purdue-ranks-first-in-innovation-in-education-category/69962334007
5. “Purdue University named among ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’” FOX 59 Indianapolis, 2 Mar. 2023, https://fox59.com/indiana-news/purdue-university-named-among-worlds-most-innovative-companies
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.